We love the Cain’s Ballroom

By July 12, 2015 August 8th, 2015 blog

 

 

We absolutely love working at Cain’s Ballroom in Tulsa! There is so much history in this venue and it’s always a blast working with the Cain’s Team!

Above are a few pictures from a fundraiser dinner & auction we recently lit.

Cain’s Ballroom is a historic music venue located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, built in 1924 to serve as a garage for W. Tate Brady‘s automobiles. Madison W. “Daddy” Cain purchased the building in 1930 and named it Cain’s Dance Academy, where he charged 10¢ for dance lessons. The academy was the site of The Texas Playboys‘ first regular radio broadcast, and they continued to play there regularly.
It fell into disuse until 1976 when Larry Schaeffer purchased the building, refurbished it, and reopened it with the current name, Cain’s Ballroom. It hosted the Sex Pistols in 1978, and several bands from the Second British Invasion.[citation needed]
Cain’s Dancing Academy was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on September 4, 2003.
For more history on Cain’s, check out Wikipedia!
For more info & upcoming shows, check out the Cain’s Website
Integrity Lighting

Author Integrity Lighting

More posts by Integrity Lighting

Leave a Reply